Cydia “Could Not open file/var/lib/dpkg/status” iOS 10/10.1.1 Error Fix: As of now, for iOS 10 and later users, the most common jail breaking tool, i.e. cydia is not working fine. It’s quite uncommon for a popular jailbreaking tool cydia to show some errors.
However, recently it was seen that Cydia started showing “could not open file/var/lib/dpkg/status” (or no such file or directory error). But, the good news is that we have already found some simple steps to fix this error.
Before moving ahead let’s have look at this update information about Jailbreak iOS 10.1.1/10+ With Mach_Portal + Yalu Tutorial which is working like a charm without any errors.
Fix Cydia “Could Not open file/var/lib/dpkg/status” iOS 10 & iOS 10.1.1 Jailbreak
We will update this article at any time with updated information about updated versions like iOS 10.2, iOS 10.2.1, iOS 10.3, iOS 10.4 etc etc versions if they face the same error like “Cydia “Could Not open file/var/lib/dpkg/status”.
In previous article itself we posted about fixing this same error on iOS 9.3.3, iOS 9.3.4, iOS 9.3, 9.3.5, 9.3 versions. Now, It’s time to fix this error in iOS 10.1.1 & iOS 10 versions based devices. Also Check Out Sideloading iCleaner Pro for iOS 10.2/10.2.1 or iOS 10.3/10.1.1/10+ iPhone/iPad No Jailbreak. Let’s begin the the discussion.
- In order to proceed to with actual method to fix this pathetic iOS 10 error you need to download some essential tools or utilities. One of those essential tool is iFunBox tool. You must have this utility on your computer before proceeding with the subsequent steps. So, please download it from iFunbox.com if you have not downloaded yet.
- Apart from iFunBox, you will also need to download the necessary “Cydia fix” files. Actually, it is a set of important files to eradicate this error completely.
- Next, it is mandatory to have “Cydia impactor” utility to fix this error. It is a free tool and can be downloaded easily from it’s site cydiaimpactor.com or from Here.
- Once you are done with downloading and installing all the required tools mentioned above, you are good to go.
- Now, connect your jailbroken iPhone device to your computer where you have downloaded these apps, via it’s USB cable. Subsequently, launch the iFunBox software and head to the File browser section.
- In the file browser section, looks for iBooks heading.
- Next, you need to extract all the required files from secondly downloaded utility, i.e. Cydia files. After the extraction process is completed and successful, you should be able to see a IPA file and one folder with the name “lib”.
- Now, drag that entire “lib” folder into the iBooks directory (inside iFunBox) and simply drop it there.
- Once you are done with the previous step, launch the Cydia impactor software. Then, drag another file, namely “MobileTerminal.IPA” into the cydia impactor interface. Also, make sure that your iPhone device remains connected to your computer. Then you will be prompted to fill your apple login credentials before cydia impactor could generate the required files. These files are required to install the mobile terminal file. Please, fill in the correct details to proceed further.
- Once the required files have been generated, mobile terminal app will be downloaded on your device. Now, using your device head towards the settings menu. There, select general and then device management. Next, select your own apple ID and keep on tapping on the trust option. This is just to make sure that the app is authentic.
- Keeping the device in jailbreak mode, launch mobile terminal app. Upon seeing the command line, type the following commands.
cp –R /var/mobile/Media/Books/lib/var
Then, reboot the device and keep it in it’s jailbreak mode and launch cydia. If the above mentioned steps had been followed correctly, then you won’t see “Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status – open (2: No such file or directory)” error.
If you are super mario run follower like me then most probably now you are facing that game crashing on our devices so fix it here with this tutorial.
Must Check Tutorials :
- 2017 Gift Tweak : Two WhatsApp Accounts in One iPhone/iPad Without Jailbreak.
- 2016 Game of the Year : Pokemon Go for iOS(iPhone/iPad) on iOS 10+ No Jailbreak.
That’s all about fixing “Cydia Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status in iOS 10 or iOS 10.1.1 After Jailbreak” Error. If you have any queries in article do ping us with comments.